Friday, July 23, 2010

Do I go to a neurologist or an endocriniologist for this?

I have a condition called hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and I need to go to the doctor to find out why I have it and what the cause of it is. But I don't know what doctor to go to? I have been to the dermatologist, so I know it isn't them, but do I have to go to a neurologist or an endocriniologist? Also, how do they diagnose the cause of hyperhidrosis? Do I have to take a blood test? Please help if you can, thanks =)

Do I go to a neurologist or an endocriniologist for this?
A neurologist is for NERVES





Neurology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system. Physicians specializing in the field of neurology are called neurologists and are trained to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with neurological disorders. Most neurologists are trained to treat and diagnose adults with neurological disorders. Pediatric neurologists, nearly always a subspecialty of pediatrics, treat neurological disease in children. Neurologists may also be involved in clinical research, clinical trials, as well as basic research and translational research.





Endocrinology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the endocrine system and its specific secretions called hormones.

primrose

No comments:

Post a Comment