Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Help! I sweat in the wintertime and not in the summer!?

I have had this problem for three - four years. I sweat in the winter profusely. I've tried every type of deodorant under the sun. None work. I sweat through them and within three hours I have to reapply, so I don't smell. The weird thing is, I don't sweat in the summer as badly and, in the winter, my body temperature goes down to 97-96 degrees. I do sweat, in the summertime, but I not as severely. I think I might have axillary hyperhidrosis. I've talked to my mother about it and she said I can't do the surgery to correct it or Botox. The only thing I haven't tried is the perscription deodorant. Please help!

Help! I sweat in the wintertime and not in the summer!?
It is quite possible that you have a medical issue but what first came to my mind is how you dress. In the summer if you mostly wear tank tops or cotton T-shirts then you're getting plenty of fresh air to your pits so you won't sweat that much. In the winter I find that many layers of clothes will make me sweat much faster. Also, if you're wearing more synthetic material that could make a big difference. I would suggest wearing cotton T-shirts underneath your sweaters and be sure to dress in a way that you can take some layers off and cool down when you're indoors instead if sweating because you're hot and the heat is on. I hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment